Asia is the most important region for gaming in the world, representing a major opportunity for game developers and publishers, hardware and device makers, infrastructure providers, and investors. High consumer demand for games, esports, tournaments, and streaming, coupled with growing disposable income, improvements in infrastructure, and investment by multinational companies and country governments have set the stage for strong continued growth. However, each market’s different culture, gamer preferences, and spending behaviors means there is no one size fits all approach to the region.
Niko Partners has announced the release of their 2021 India Games Market Report and 5-Year Forecast. This report includes the mobile and PC games market in India and as one of the ten Asian market: Chinese Taipei, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam. As per the report India is the fastest growing in all of Asia-10 by far with a five-year CAGR of 29.8 per cent.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile game revenue in 2021 is projected to reach $35.7 billion, up 6.2 per cent.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile game revenue will grow at a five-year CAGR of 4.5 per cent, reaching $41.8 billion in 2025.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile gamers in 2021 are projected to reach 714.9 million, up 12.1 per cent.
- Asia-10 PC and Mobile gamers will increase at a five-year CAGR of 8.1 per cent, reaching 940.9 million in 2025.
- Indonesia, Thailand and Vietnam (ITV) are the fastest growing markets in SEA.
- Japan and Korea are the highest revenue markets, accounting for 80 per cent of the Asia-10 regional market.
- Thailand became a billion-dollar market in 2020, with India, Indonesia, and Vietnam set to break the $1 billion mark by 2025.
- India’s PC and Mobile game revenue in 2021 is projected to reach $534.1 million, up 31.79 per cent YoY
- India PC and Mobile game revenue will grow at a five-year CAGR of 29.8 per cent, reaching $1.491 billion in 2025.
- India’s PC and mobile gamers in 2021 is projected to reach 339.9 million, up 21.97 per cent YoY
- India’s PC and mobile gamers will grow at a five-year CAGR of 13.7 per cent, reaching 529.1 million in 2025
- India will account for 56per cent of all mobile and PC gamers in Asia-10 in 2025. It is already the top two games market in the world by players, behind China.
- India is the fastest growing market in Asia-10 by both revenue and gamers. India’s APRU will grow at the fastest rate through 2025.
- India is the fastest growing region in Asia-10 thanks to the low cost of 4G data, the proliferation of affordable smartphones and the abundance of high quality free to play titles.
- Mobile gamers in India are more engaged than any other market in Asia-10, playing 14.1 hours of mobile games each week on average. However, India has the lowest ARPU in Asia-10 and requires a different approach to monetisation.